3/18/2011

Oh, Victory Unworthy

O, Victory you are a bony faithful lass,
Waiting for me of meager peasant class.
Though for my capacity do not loom,
But forego me now, come to me soon.

Victory you're sweet, and I may just not bear,
To be with noble blood in thy extensive lair.
So I will pursue myself, to make more room,
So forego me now, come to me soon.

I desire you Victory, humbly and terribly so,
Though the wall of foolery makes the battle slow.
Discipline of wisdom will be my tribune,
And forego me now, come to me soon.

The primary lesson I have now learned well,
That you dwelleth in Heaven, farthest from Hell.
And since you abide by the Living God true,
Forego me now, come to me soon.

I have prayed to God and found his strength,
And resume my studies of wisdom at length.
So to sin I say and it's vile, wretched tune,
"Forego me now, and please die soon!"

By Evan Gunn Wilson

No comments: